This page offers details on our Digital Basic Subscription and answer some common questions about it. If you are looking for details about the Standard On-Hydrow membership, See this article instead.
What is the Hydrow Digital Basic Subscription?
This is our App-only membership which can be purchased without owning a Hydrow Rower. It provides access to our library of on-demand workout content and basic access to the Hydrow community.
How much does it cost?
Digital Basic access costs £19.49 per month through the App store.
How do I sign up for Hydrow Digital Basic?
- Download the Hydrow iOS from the App store OR the Hydrow Android App from the Play store
- While it can be used on an iPad, the Hydrow App is sold as an “iPhone-only” app on iOS.
- Our Android Beta App, is not yet fully complete, but Digital basic subscription is now available on that platform!
- Select the "Home" tab at the bottom, select any workout, and enter that workout by tapping “ROW” for a rowing workout or "GO" for an On the Mat workout.
- Choose to start your 30-day trial.
- Start enjoying the content immediately on your iOS or Android device.
- After 30 days your Digital Basic account will convert from a trial to a subscription automatically if you choose to keep the service.
How is this different from an "On-Hydrow" Membership?
- This digital membership will only allow for viewing our live & on Demand content on your iOS or Android device.
- Digital Basic allows for only one user profile, while a Hydrow membership allows as many profiles as you need on your rower.
- Most importantly: this membership cannot be used to activate a Hydrow connected rowing machine.
Do I need to buy a Digital Subscription if I already have an "On-Hydrow" membership for my rower?
No. Definitely not! If you own a Hydrow rower and have a standard membership, there is no reason to also pay for Digital Basic. It would be entirely redundant.
Does Digital Basic have any extra features or benefits that the "On Hydrow" membership does not?
No. All features and functions of a Digital Basic account are already included in the On-Hydrow Members who own a rower.
Can I connect it to a PM5 or other rowing computer to stream my stats from a different rowing machine?
No. This feature is not available as part of the subscription. Meters, calories burned, and other dynamic stats will not be recorded for any row done on a Digital Basic account. Only your total workout minutes (rowing or on-the-mat) will be recorded in the app.
Can I convert my Digital Basic Membership into a Full Membership when I buy a Hydrow rower?
Not from a billing perspective, no. You will need to cancel your old subscription and start a new one on Hydrow. But you can keep your screenname, workout stats, and history from one subscription type to the other.
To move from Digital basic subscription, to a standard Hydrow Membership:
- Wait until your Hydrow Rower arrives and is ready to set up.
- Go to the app store for your device (either Apple or Google Play). and Cancel the Digital Basic subscription.
- Log out of the Hydrow app with your profile
- On your Hydrow screen, log in with the same email & password you used in the app.
- When prompted, activate a new membership and enter your credit card on the screen for billing.
- Log back in to the app with your same email and password. You should now have all the same access to use the app as part of your full membership on Hydrow.