This article describes the processes and best practices for logging in, logging out, and switching profiles between multiple users on your Hydrow rower. (Multiple profiles are not available through the iOS app or our Digital basic subscription)
- Wake up Hydrow from sleep and you should be on the "SELECT PROFILE" screen.
- If another user is already signed-in, you will first need to log them out, see steps for that below.
- Find your desired profile name and tap it once.
- Type your password in the dialog that pops up, then click the button to "sign in".
If your profile doesn't appear on the list, but you already have one:
- On the "Profile select" screen, choose the + icon which says "ADD PROFILE"
- At the very bottom, choose "already have an account? Log in"
Creating a new profile
To add another family member or guest and track their progress separately:
- Choose the "+" icon which says "ADD PROFILE"
- Fill out the information for your new profile
- Click "CREATE"
Switching between profiles.
If you are done rowing on a particular profile and want to give someone else a turn, you can switch profiles without logging out.
- Go to the Profile tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the "switch profiles" button in the lower right.
This is the recommended process for home use as it will leave you logged in and minimizes the number of times you need to stop and enter your password.
Logging out is only necessary if you want to lock your profile and prevent others from accessing it without your password. This might be desirable when rowing on a friend's Hydrow or in a gym or hotel setting where a machine is for general use.
- Go to the Profile tab at the bottom of the screen
- Select the "Log out." button in the lower right.
Note: Hydrows in public-use settings may also be set into Gym Mode which will automatically log a user out after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Removing / Deleting a profile.
Profiles cannot be removed easily. The only way to do this is currently:
- Perform a Factory Reset to remove all profiles
- Set up Hydrow again with the correct Time-zone and Wi-fi password.
- Log back in to all of the profiles you do wish to use on Hydrow.
You will not lose any stats, progress, or other rowing data from your accounts by doing this, however you must know the account password for your profile in order to log back in afterwards.