We have Closed Captioning available for all of our recent on-demand rows.
Note that captioning options may not be available for the following:
- Live workouts
- "Journey" Workouts or other content without an instructor speaking.
- Older on-demand workouts in the library. Mainly from before February 2021 when this feature was implemented.
How do I activate captions?
- Select and tap on the workout you want to do.
- On the workout details page, choose "Sound and drag settings"
- Switch "Closed captions" From off to on.
- Now Subtitles for the Athlete should appear at the bottom of the screen above your stats.
Can I turn Captions on and off mid-workout instead?
Yes! This control is also available from the "settings" button in the top right. But for the best experience we strongly suggest setting your row parameters before you get started whenever possible.
Are Captions available in the Hydrow app?
Yes, although the interface looks a bit different than above. Both audio and subtitle tracks can be changed in the mobile player as well.